Kitchen’s Asset Baking Soda finds a Place on Beauty Shelf
Did you ever think that baking soda could be a boon for the skin apart from being a kitchen ingredient? Yes! It is and also the best part is that it is an inexpensive method to revitalize your skin and keep it healthy. According to “Encyclopedia Britannica-Sodium Bicarbonate”, the ingredient is also good for the Earth even after it goes down the drain.
Poring through the benefits of the ingredient, one gets to know that it can be used as a deodorant, face cleanser, and detox bath and acne solution.
Steps to prepare facial cleanser:
1. First mix two teaspoons of baking soda and then one teaspoon of warm water in a small container. Stir the ingredients till a soft paste is formed.
2. Then gently splash water on the face and immerse your fingers into the baking soda paste. Cover your face with the paste after applying it to your wet face in a circular motion.
3. Further rinse your face completely with warm water and pat your face dry with the help of a towel.
Steps to prepare facial exfoliator
1. In order to prepare a facial exfoliator, mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda, 1 tablespoon of warm water and 2 teaspoons of oat flour in a small container.
2. Use warm water to rinse your face and then dip fingers into the cleanser. Then apply it to your face and neck in a circular motion. Then keep it dry for 5 minutes.
Other uses of Baking Soda (Published in huffingtonpost.com)
1. Deodorant-It helps in getting rid of underarm wetness after rubbing the arm pits with an amalgamated mixture of a teaspoon of baking soda and one tablespoon of water.
2. Detox Bath- Mix baking soda and one-fourth cup of baby oil to your bath. This aids in revitalizing your body.
3. Acne solution: Mix the baking soda with a little water and apply it to the acne till it dries.
In case of sensitive or acne-prone skin, do not let the exfoliating cleanser to dry. The granules in them tend to be abrasive if dried.