Saying that lemons are a superfood is an understatement. Not only do they add abundant flavour to a variety of dishes, but they also boast a ton of health benefits.
The top 10 reasons why lemon is so beneficial are listed below:
1) Prevent kidney stones: Drinking one half-cup of lemon juice every day raises citrate levels in the urine. Studies have shown that this could protect against calcium stones in the kidney.
2) Can cure throat infections, flu and common cold: Due to the lemon’s antibacterial property, drinking lemonade or applying a few drops of lemon juice on your meal can help you fight sore throat and flu symptoms as well. Gargle with a mixture of one lemon’s juice, (glass of) water and sea salt (1tsp) 3 times a day and sore throat won’t cause you more problems.
3) Support weight loss: Lemon juice contains pectin, a soluble fiber that has been shown to aid in weight-loss struggles.
4) Increases concentration. Inhaling lemon oil (aromatherapy) can easily help you to get more alert and increase your concentration and brain activity – either at home or at work.
5) Balance pH: While lemons may seem quite acidic, they’re a surprisingly good source of an alkaline food that can help balance your body’s pH.
6) Fights respiratory problems. Due to the fact that lemons are rich in Vitamin C, this fruit is able to help you fight the symptoms of different respiratory disorders and asthma as well.
7) Stop an itch: When it comes to poison ivy or insect bites, the combination of lemon juice and cornstarch can help relieve some of the sting.
8) Anticancer properties: Studies have supported the anticancer activity of citrus liminoids, compounds that protect your cells from damage that can lead to the formation of cancer cells.
9) Helps in feet care, fights fatigue: The aromatic features of lemon can help to fight feet aches and different problems like hardened skin and lumps on the feet. Drink some lemon juice to ease fatigue.
10) Has an important role in skin care : Lemon not only helps the skin to stay healthy, young looking and fresh, but also has an important role in fighting acne or eczema. Its alkaline nature helps to kill bacteria on the skin, therefore prevents blackheads and acne.
So, what are you waiting for, grab a lemon!!